My profuse apologies...
...for not posting since end of exams. I've had complaints from the former roomie, so here I am, on my lunch break, trying to be covert about blogging.So I've started on my PEY adventure, with a job at MDA Space Missions. I started last Monday, so this is only my second week, though it seems like a LOT longer. This stuff is pretty cool, I've seen pieces of the Canadarm as well as the SPDM (Special Purpose Dexterous Manipulator). ...Also found out that this place is ALL about the acronyms...SPDM, ORU, OTCM, OEU...where the O in OEU stands for OTCM, and the O in OTCM stands for ORU. Stupid acronym within the acronym within the acronym. There's even a database of acronyms available!! (unfortunately, this database is nowhere near complete, so you're better off just asking someone what these random letters mean).
Everyone here has decorated their cubicles, some items are related to work, some are not. I've seen space station posters, 3D Puzz rockets, a cool solar system magnet puzzle thing, SPDM parts, Canadarm2 parts, toy rubber duckies, Dilbert comics galore, etc etc. My goal is to end up with an uber cool 'cube' as well. (That's right, I'm down with the office lingo...) I started out with a measly number of pushpins and a hanger the last guy left, but I've already begun to implement the CDP (Cubicle Decoration Plan), starting with Phase I - WH (Wall Hangings)
- Phase I - WH
- Step 1 - Phone List...check!
- Step 2 - Calendars
- MDA recognized holidays...check!
- Colourful Trading Spaces Calendar...check!
Please be aware that CDP is still in the planning stages, and all of the above are subject to change. Revisions of the plan will be posted as necessary. Man, I'm excited...like...really excited. =)


4 Comments:
Oooh oooh, if you have the food cupboard, you'll DEFINITELY be the cubicle everyone will love! (and then you can get them to fill it up with their snacks too so you're not the only one doing it)
What I've learned from working at an office for my past two summers... hahahahhaa.
If you're the food cupboard, you'll be the hotspot...like Raymond's room which is always stocked full of good snacks. Keeps people visiting.
The latter part of your blog is reminscent of our design report o_O You know, for the BSM. w00t.
Decipher this acronym:
EIS.
Make up whatever you want. You know what I mean.
/end
Emily Is Smart.
Emily is Super.
Post a Comment
<< Home