Wind, Rain, Snow and Hail...
It's currently Sunday morning, 10:45am with Daylight Savings Time (an hour less sleep for me!), and I am wearing the following clothing:- T-shirt with a golden retriever on it,
- UTS house baseball shirt,
- Purple sweatshirt with the hood over my head
- Bright yellow vest
- Thin grey pants
- Thick white sweatpants
- My grandma's handknit red booties
- Fuzzy slippers my sister got me for Christmas
So you're probably getting a little bit hot just thinking about the amount of clothing I'm wearing, but if you were me, you'd still be freezing. Why, you might ask? Well let me tell you my stories...(that's right...stories).
This past week, spring hit Toronto in full force...we had +10 degree weather, blue skies with nary a cloud in sight. Woohoo, I thought, spring is here, time to take off the inner layer of my jacket, time to break out the t-shirts, and pack away the toques...But I was wrong.
I woke up Saturday morning, all set to go to the first dragonboat tryout this year, and found that it was snowing AND raining, with wind gusts of up to 30km/hr. Crap. Lucky for me and other dragonboat enthusiasts, the tryouts were held outside, in the 'feels-like-negative-6-degree' weather. We must have looked crazy - 40 people running around front campus, through the slush and snow, soaked to the bone. Ha, I had my sister bring my 'crappy' shoes, which meant that my feet were soaked halfway through the first lap, but at least my normal shoes are perfectly fine! Kudos to all those who showed up yesterday, THAT'S called dedication. Iron Dragons are going to rock your pants off this season!!!
Anyways, back to the weather....I thought we were all snowed out yesterday, and today would be fine. Again, I was wrong. Woke up at 7:30am (!!! if you know me, this is disgustingly early for any day of the week...especially Sundays when I normally wake up at noon) to go to a St. John foot drill practice. I looked outside, and what do I see? HAIL! *sigh* That's wonderful. Our practice was outside, in a parking lot...I think we lasted about 30 minutes before we gave up and decided to call it a day. Again, kudos to everyone who came...we're troopers!
...I'm still cold, hence the layers and layers of clothing. Mmm, jasmine tea. And I'm feeling quite productive this morning: Been out of the house, marched around outside, gotten back and read 20 pages of Economics...and all this before anyone else has woken up! Hope you're all feeling toasty warm right now...possibly in bed with a cup of hot chocolate as Sarah suggested...ohhh that sounds good.


2 Comments:
hahahahahaha...emily...oh EVERYONE gets a little hot just thinking about what you're wearing...
hahahahahahahaha
Yes, dboat tryouts started Saturday. http://dragonboat.skule.ca if you want to check it out! It's not too late to come out!
and if you're going to take my hot comment THAT way, then fine. I simply SIZZLE...*tsssssssssssss*...
Post a Comment
<< Home