Gerstein and I
So it's day 5 of the Gerstein campout, and my productivity levels are actually quite high! The lack of distractions and panic attacks brought on by exams is working really well. Back in high school, a friend and I used to make these 'productivity graphs'...(click on the link! ...I made a link!) See, we were super cool! Anyways, if I filled this out now, my line would be at the very top, as opposed to floating along the bottom where it normally is during the school year. So hoorah for me and cramming and Gerstein!Gerstein is a great place to study..the only downside is that it's 'far' from home, and so I need to pack everything I'll need for the next 12 hours. Here is a list of the food I had yesterday (exam in the morning, and Gerstein until 11pm):
- 1 tupperware of Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- 1 chinese curry bun
- 1 container of grapes
- 1 container of mango Five Alive
- 3 triple chocolate Decadent cookies (mmmm)
- 1 thermos of pasta
- 1 Nalgene bottle of water
- an assortment of hard/soft candies
- 1 granola bar
...I think I managed to bring 3 full meals...with 3 of 4 food groups (dairy doesn't keep well...although I guess I could bring some cheese...) What can I say, I like to snack. The various foods I have to munch on and the oh-so-delicious coffees are the only things keeping me awake. mmm, had a Chai latte yesterday from Second Cup. It was gooood! AND, I learned that 'Chai' isn't just an anglicized version of the word for tea in Chinese...apparently it's its own thing.
And for anyone who's come here using a link from someone else's blog...I AM NOT THAT SHORT!!!! It might sound that way from all the short references, but really, 5'2" isn't that tiny....if anything, I'm just petite!


9 Comments:
i changed your link name! but more importantly, I WON A MUFFIN!
Dammit! I still haven't won! WE still haven't won!
And yes, Emily, you ARE short. People call me short. And I'm two inches taller than you. Making you short.
Alright, so I'm making my monthly rounds to all my friends' blogs/xanga pages. Emily, yours happens to be quite an amusing one...though I'd have to say my one complaint is that you need more visuals (photos, pictures, etc). Speaking of visuals, that brings me Exhibit A: Productivity Graphs. While I was reading this entry, I got as far as the FIRST line, "my productivity levels are actually quite high"-- this INSTANTANEOUSLY led me to this visualization of a productivity graph in my head with your bar being fairly close to the top. Low and behold, 3 senteces later, I no longer needed to visualize this in my head, as you coincidentally provided the graphic. Bravo, Emily, Bravo! I see we still surf the same wavelength.
You should try out the Vic library. It's really really nice and much closer to you.
...I don't know... their arguments are pretty convincing when they claim you are short.
Btw, Chai tea, I think is indian tea brewed in milk.
Anyway, it sounds like you are getting ready for war. Good luck! and die with honour.
Wait wait wait, hold up here, TARSAYE. I am a mere 2.5" taller than Emily, and I don't consider myself THAT short. I believe somewhere between 5'2" and 5'4.5" lies the magic threshold that changes you from 'short'-status to normal height. Especially if you're asian.
FOO
ps. petite = short enough they made a whole line of clothing for your size
hm. I replied, but it seems to have been lost in the computer world somewhere...
void tallness(height){
if (height <= 5')
size = short;
else if (height <= 5'3")
size = petite;
else if (height <= 5'6")
size = normal;
else
size = ginormous;
return;
}
...my recollection of programming is sketchy, so I'm not so sure my loops will run properly. but you get the point. I'm PETITE.
Post a Comment
<< Home