Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Getting a bit sappy...

...no, not like trees are sappy...though I think the maple trees are doing exactly that. I remember going to the Kortright (sp?) Centre during March Break and looking at all the buckets of sap they were collecting...mmm, maple syrup candy. THOSE are great.

Anyways, the sappy is in reference to me slowly realizing that this year is drawing to a close. Third year...oosh. About 2 years ago, when I was at the first dragonboat tryout, we went around the group and introduced ourselves: name, year, something interesting about you. Well, there were some people who were finishing up third year, and I sat there thinking to myself...Man, they're old!! And now I'm in their position. *shudder* Growing up is scary, change is scary...but the clock keeps on ticking, and life goes on.

I've gotten into a routine, dug myself a little niche in this huge university, and found friends that I hope I'll have for life...and just when I was getting comfortable, everything's changing once again. Yes, I know I'm not graduating, and that this isn't THAT big of a deal..but it is. These friends are staying next year, and I'm off to do PEY..and when I get back, they'll be gone. I know I'll be able to handle it, since I survived the transition from high school to university, but it doesn't mean I won't miss what I have right now.

I'm going to miss the apartment...the lack of a kitchen table (and the many meals that have been eaten on the floor), the ghettoness of watching tv in the laundry room, the browning-banana phenomenon, the abundance of Cinnamon Toast Crunch (we had 3 boxes yesterday!)...and most of all, I'll miss the roomie that was in the apartment with me. I think I really lucked out on this. We didn't really know each other when we moved in together, and I was worried that she would have some odd, odd habits, and that we would hate each other in a month...but it worked out wonderfully! We 'accidentally' bump into each other in the kitchen and end up talking for 45 minutes, we watch Amazing Race every Tuesday, we share banana bread and carrot cake, and we even have a fund: the Emilarah fund (feel free to donate to this worthy cause of building a downhill ramp from here to school...and another downhill ramp from school back here).

2 weeks from today, I'll be done third year. 4 weeks from today, I'll already be at my new job. Next June, a lot of my close friends will be graduating. Next September, I'll be starting fourth year. The following June, *I* will be graduating. Man, things are moving fast, and I guess the "real" part of life is just around the corner. I hope I'm ready for it all...

3 Comments:

At 12:00 p.m., Blogger tarsaye said...

We've talked about this so many times that I have left to say is:

:(

 
At 9:39 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Emily:
A recent blog entry of mine was aimed particularly at wonderful bloggers like yourself. Please read it at http://individual.utoronto.ca/iamkobe and do your best to keep your blog alive!

Blog on!
-Tony

 
At 6:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw channy, that's sad. and now i'm sad, cause all my roommates and friends and i are going to random places IF we even get into med school... and if we don't get in, then i guess we do have another year together, but still! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

see, this is why you choose a profession that requires 10 YEARS OF SCHOOLING, so you never have to enter the real world. muahahahahahahaha. although, technically i graduate from mac in a few months.......... dammit. so old SOOOOO OOLLLDDD. didn't we graduate only THREE years ago from high school. *sigh*

joanna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home