Monday, March 28, 2005

What's with 1 hour breaks?

I have this one hour break between econ and stats, and since it would be a waste of time for me to walk all the way home and back, this hour is now officially BLOGGING time. 1 hour to read/write all I want...and given that I haven't written in almost a week, here I go!

First thing's first, I'll talk about last Thursday night...

Ooohh, I went to Hart House to learn how to use all their weight-lifting machines. There's an orientation everyday, and apparently no one ever shows up, so I had this one-on-one lesson...hooray for me!
Hart House Trainer: "Your elbows should match up with this red dot
here, so you should move the seat a bit higher"
Me: "Ummm...it doesn't go any higher..."
Trainer: "....Oh. Well...I guess you can try it anyways, but I wouldn't really suggest using this machine since you wont' be getting the most out of it..."
Me: "Awwww....."
This leads to a complaint I'd like to lodge with the company who makes these machines. Dudes! Not everyone is 5'10"! Yes, I know, the machines are adjustable, the seat height, the handlebar height, the leg bar height, etc etc...but there's a limit to how close they come, and apparently, it's not close enough for me...

After the lesson, went to Nocturne (essentially an EngSci musical talent night...), and it was a pretty good show! These people are damn-ass talented, to be able to pull engsci off in addition to having amazing musical skills (and who knows what else) on the side. Got a little bit of everything, though I only went to the second half. Had some sweet piano duo action from the design partners, some CRAZY guitar-ing from the french guy, and some really adorable folk-emo as well! Makes me wish that I had continued piano, but alas, I stopped as soon as I finished my Grade 9 exam. At that point, it felt like I was doing it for the sake of doing it rather than because I enjoyed it...I'd like to go back though...hm...there will be some piano playing this weekend! Actually...makes me wish I could play something other than the piano, which is the standard chinese instrument. *sigh*

Anywyas, also went to Pav's birthday bash at Peel Pub! I felt a bit weird about going, since I didn't really know Pav and the other people going, but Sarah convinced me that it'd be fun...and it was! (woah...fun with engscis, oustide of the classroom setting!) Talked to a lot of people I haven't talked to before, and heard a couple of interesting stories...rejection stories are always funny when they're not yours...and even if they are, it's something you can look back on and laugh about. ...Maybe a couple of these guys will start referring to me by my first name now...

I'll finish quickly: Thursday's story:
So I was woken up by this loud, annoying, beeping noise early Thursday morning, and no, it wasn't my alarm clock - it was the smoke alarm. Amidst the wailing of the alarm, there was a "SHIT!" from the roommate, who I could hear running out of her room, fanning the alarm frantically. Haha, I thought to myself, she set off alarm. I'll just add a note here, that management installed the smoke detector 2 feet away from the stove, leading to multiple false alarms. Anyways, I chuckled to myself and went back to sleep. At a more decent hour, i.e. 11am, I woke up again and started toasting my English Muffin. Lalala, the toaster oven pops open, and I put it on my plate to jam and peanut butter it up, when guess what happens? The smoke alarm goes off!!!! Dammit! From the toaster oven!??!? That's bogus.

2 Comments:

At 8:14 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Or MAYBE, Em.... you're JUST short. ;)

Maybe the machines are made for ppl OVER the height of 5 feet. *shrug*

hahahaha..... you guys and that smoke alarm.

 
At 10:17 p.m., Blogger abelianalien said...

Wow. ...that smoke alarm really made losers out of you "winners".

QUOTE-WINNERS-UNQUOTE.
Blargh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home