Old friends and toilet fears
Two part post!High school seems like forever ago, so when I pulled up into my old friend's driveway, it was with just a touch of nostalgia that I rang the doorbell. I haven't seen Sam since we graduated from high school... other than the brief conversations we've had on campus. We were pretty good friends back in grade 11 and 12, but we drifted apart in OAC, and havne't really kept in touch since. It's sort of sad actually, because a lot of the memories from high school have her in it...only in high school would I have rollerbladed/scooted to the Dominion at the corner, bought a McCain's chocolate cake, eaten HALF of it on the way back, and the other half when we got back to her house. Ugh, now that I think about it, it's pretty gross. But back to present times, I have to admit that I probably wouldn't have called her up for a chat..and she wouldn't have called me up...lucky for both of us, Jocelyn was in town and so the three of us went for dinner. It wasn't as awkward as I had worried it might be...in fact, it almost felt like time had gone back 5 years! We chatted it up, found out what was going on in each other's lives, gossiped about other UTS people...turns out one of the couples is getting married this summer! WHOO! All in all, it was a good night out...maybe Sam and I will keep in touch, and it won't be another 4 years before I see her again...
The second part of this post is a topic that came up at Sam's house...I've always had this phobia about toilets not flushing or clogging or backing up...less of a problem in my house, but imagine you're at a friends'...Holy crap, can you imagine the embarrassment?! Apparently the toilet in Sam's washroom takes a little while to flush, so you have to hold down the flusher for about 5 seconds before it'll start doing it's thing. When she warned Joce about the problem, we started talking about our mutual fears, and lo and behold, it turns out that I'm not alone!There are so many possibilities for disaster...
1) You're in a restaurant that has a washroom with only ONE stall...and it just so happens that the toilet is faulty. It's "fine" if you're by yourself in teh washroom, because you could just leave it, right? But let's say you walk into the stall, and someone else comes in immediately after you and waits outside for you to finish. Everything's fine and dandy until you try to flush..and discover the problem. You can't walk out b/c you haven't flushed...and if you stay in for a long time, you just KNOW what the person outside is thinking about you. Moving on with this hypothetical situation, let's say that the person gets tired of waiting and walks out the door. Of course, this is when you'll finally be able to flush the toilet. Is the problem over? NO! I bet the person who was waiting for you is now outside telling their friends at their table that someone was in teh washroom FOREVER...and they'll all be watching the door waiting for you to come out!! GAAAHH!!!
2) You're in someone's house...and the toilet backs up. WHAT DO YOU DO?!?!
3) This one is sort of gross, but it could happen...you're in someone's house and the toilet doens't flush properly, and you have your period. Holy crap, what do you do?!
*shudder*


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home