Baking, round 2!!
I think the last picture I posted from my baking adventures were the rolls, so here are a few shots of what I've done since then ;)
Swiss Rolls! It's a sponge sheet that's rolled up with whipped cream and raspberry jam. Then the whole thing is layered with some more whipped cream and decorated with nuts/chocolate on teh side, and a piped chocolate decoration on the top. Mmmm, these were good.

Cookies!! Piped spritz cookies are the official name in my George Brown recipe book. It's a relatively simple cookie recipe, but instead of using a spoon to place the batter on cookie sheets, we used a piping bag with a star tip. I LOVE using the piping bag, unlike many of hte other women in my class. Steady hands and patience will get you nicely shaped cookies, and from my days of taking art in high school, this isn't that different from sculpting/painting.

Black forest cake. The picture says it all. Impressed?


These last two pictures are the two fruit flans I made yesterday. Too bad we couldn't get blueberries, that would've spiced up the colour a bit more. You can only do so much with orange, red, green and yellow. But wait...there was DRAMA associated with the kiwis!! I can't believe some of the people in the class - they're ridiculously selfish and petty. Once our teacher had finished demonstrating how to put the flan together, there was a mad dash for the available fruit at the front of the class. My partner and I, unfortunately, were left with 1 kiwi between the two of us. A pair of Cantonese girls behind us had 2 kiwis each, so naturally, we asked if we could please have on of theirs. After a very dirty look, one of them reluctantly handed hers over...and proceeded to bad mouth my partner in Cantonese!! A few minutes later, our teacher found an extra bag of kiwis, so my partner grabbed one and brought it back for those girls. Instead of a polite thank-you, all she got was a snide "Well, I don't need it anymore" and returned it to the front!!!!! ARGH!!! What is WRONG with these girls. Silly fobs that pose with their food after class. I'm talking peace sign and everything... *grumble* At least it's entertainment..
One class left, chocolate truffle torte, here I come!


5 Comments:
dude. i am impressed.
*claps*
do you have to stand on a stool when you work on these things?
hahahahhahaha. that's hilarious. man, your class is like HIGH SCHOOL all over again.
the food looks AMAZING! when are you bringing some of that over for us, huh??
hahahaaa i was gonna say something nice about how you made all those tasty looking treats but i had to just laugh at mable's comment. sorry.
mmmmm....
oh man, thats just teasing! looks so goooood
Post a Comment
<< Home