Saturday, February 11, 2006

Membership at the Y

Yep. I am now an official member of the YMCA....again. I used to take swimming lessons there as a kid...I distinctly remember a small pool with a floor that could go up and down, changing the depth of the water.

No lessons for me this time...I'm working out. Really. I am. I'm going to go at least 3 times a week, and I'm going to swim and run and do weights. Really. I am. I signed up all by myself, so it's not like I'll have someone to drag me there when I'm lazy. This is all me. And dammit, I'm going to stick to it.

Incentive #1: Dragonboat season is around the corner, and I want to be able to pull my weight and more.

Incentive #2: The pumped up feeling I get after an intense workout...or just a regular one. Knowing that instead of sitting in front of the computer or TV for an hour, I swam 1km or ran 5km.

Incentive #3: I'm going to be on a beach in July, tanning, surfing and scuba diving, and I want to look damn ass good.

Incentive #4: I'm paying for this membership, so I had better use it.

4 reasons why I'm going to stick to my 'regiment'. I'm going to do it. Yep, I am. And yes, this is me trying to convince myself that I will because this is a problem that I have. I have a tendency to be really interested and involved with something when I first start it, but as time goes by, my interest wanes and I get distracted with other stuff. I'm going to limit the things I do from now on, but make sure that I do my very best at each thing, whether it's volunteering, working out, baking, etc. But baby steps for now...if I can stick with this for at least 4 months, that's going to be a big deal for me. Because I'm doing it for me, and not as a committment to something else. It's a turning point here, turning point!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home