Baked goods!!!
Here are the results of my Saturday morning baking classes!! ...Waking up at 7:30am is worth it when you get to take these home! I don't have pictures of the eclairs/cream puffs from this weekend (I know how to make a swan!! A SWAN!!!), and no pictures of the creme caramel and bavarian creams. Everything has been happily devoured by myself, my family and my co-workers. Ha, wished you worked with me, don't you?

Mmmmm, apple pie!! (Yes, I'm allergic to apples, but these ones are cooked, which makes them a-ok!) I make apple pie every year, but the family usually does a crumble top rather than the pastry top, so this class was pretty informative. I learned to make the dough with my hands (shortening between fingers is not a pleasant feeling), how to minimize liquid in your apple pie, and how to get that shiny golden top!

These are the soft rolls I made. I think I managed to get at least one of each in the picture. Single knot, double knot, owl's eyes, four-stranded braid and...twist (I made this name up).

The healthiest muffins I've ever made. Whole wheat and bran muffins with raisins and walnuts. Ooosh.

Tea biscuits/scones!! These have currants in them, so they're on the sweet side, but I'm going to try making them with cheddar cheese and herbs. Mmmmmm, I'm going to beat Red Lobster's biscuits!!!!
2 Comments:
Heyyyyy Em,
You make me hungry now! Those are sooooo nice, when you gonna make those again? heheh
so hungry....so hungry....
Post a Comment
<< Home