He's broken...
...Chach that is.The day before my Christmas break, I get back from lunchtime euchre at work to find my phone blinking, indicating a message. Woohoo, I love getting messages (I have no friends...no one ever calls me). So anyways, Chach's voice starts speaking, and this is what I hear:
Uhhh...hi Em. I think I broke my hand...I'm on my way to the hospital right now, it's kinda swollen and I can't move my fingers. I don't have my cellphone on me, so you won't be able to call me..and uh...I won't be home for a few hours, so you can't call me there either. Uh...yeah...I guess I'll just call you later.
Great message.
So it turns out that he was playing hockey, took his glove off to help out the goalie, and got hit by a slapshot. Ouch. Soooo, after a week of being in a cast, turns out that he needs surgery because things aren't healing by themselves. Soooo, we spent 6 hrs last Thursday in the hospital waiting for the doctor, only to find out that they wouldn't be able to get it done because there were other life-threatening emergencies. Spent another 6 hours there on Friday, but he had hte surgery and everythign went a-ok. Boourns...and right before he goes to Australia. *sigh* We were s'posed to spend all this time together..turns out we did, but in a hospital or while he was sleeping b/c of the painkillers.
Ah well. Lesson for the week: Don't take off your glove when you're on the ice. Ever. Even if it's before the game, adn the goalie asks you for help.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home