"I have the best GF EVER!!!"
...so says the boyf ;)Of course, this comes right after I bought him a badass sword from Montreal. Tthat's right, I bought Chach a sword. Birthday/Graduation/Anniversary present all in one (yes, one gift for three occasions...the price of the sword justifies it.) I'll post a picture when I get home and can access Picasa, but I'll tell you about it for now. It's a Templar sword made by Marto (y'know, the Knights of Templar...the Crusades...y'know...well, I didn't know, but with him being the history/war buff that he is, he gladly filled me in.) The sword is 46" long, made of 'Spanish steel' and a silver handle. It's a one-handed sword, and is made for decoration purposes so it's not sharpened at all. However, it's heavy enough that Chach, being the genius that he is, poked a hole in a door when he was walking around. The hilt has a lot of detail done in relief...horses, the Templar cross, etc. The blade is also etched on both sides, so it looks pretty amazing.
...I think I'm winning in the giftage department =)
Anyways, bought the sword in Montreal where we went for our anniversary. Note: Don't take the Greyhound to Montreal. Holy goodness (to borrow from Sarah), it took us about 8.5 hours to get there. True, it only cost us about $85/ticket, but we had to switch buses in Ottawa, and the layover was about 1.5 hrs. The midnight bus sounded like a good idea from the beginning since that meant we didn't waste an entire day travelling...but the bus was packed, the seats were uncomfortable, and the window beside me jangled periodically and woke me up every 15 minutes. *shudder* No more for me. Next time, I'm spending the extra $50 for a train...save 3 hours, helluva lot more comfortable...whoo, moving up in the world!
Went to the casino, where Chiachi lost $60 at the roulette table in 20 minutes (after watching/waiting for 40 minutes). ...He then borrowed money from me in an attempt to win it all back. Lucky for him, he did...we came out $40 on top =) Yessssssssssssssss.
All in all, a wonderful weekend...we've never really gone anywhere together, except that one day trip to Niagara last year, so it was nice to spend a couple days together alone. Next time, Australia!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home