Tuesday, October 04, 2005

My car's coming apart!!

It's sad, but it's true...the Prelude is slowly falling apart on me. Literally.

My sister and I were coming home on Sunday night, and I pulled into the driveway, as per usual. This time however, when my back wheels went over the curb and into this little groove (about 1.5 inches deep at mostS), the car made a *klunk* sound. *KLUNK!* Uhoh...not a normal sound.

So I pulled around the U part of the driveway to do a cursory check on all systems. Engine...check! Brakes...check! Muffler...check! (The muffler had a hole in it about 2 years ago...it sounded like I had the most powerful engine in the world when I revved.)

Hm...all systems seem to be a go, so I just parked the car and got out to inspect the driveway for possible missing pieces. And guess what? I FOUND ONE! (...a very bad, bad thing, despite the enthusiastic exclamation)

The only problem is that I can't tell if it's from my car, from someone else's car, or not from a car at all! I can't exactly Google the part, because all I can type in is 'round piece of metal with a screw on the bottom, a thick rubber ring on top, and another metal washer on top of that'.

Sooooo now I'm scared to drive the car because it could indeed be some important part, and the last thing I want happening to me is getting stuck on the 401, the 427, the Gardiner or some other road far, far away from home. Crap. The plan for now is to use my mom's car until the parents get back and I can bring the car into the shop for its regular tune-up...

...unless someone knows a lot about cars and can identify this weird thingamabob that may have fallen off my car. *sigh*

1 Comments:

At 2:20 p.m., Blogger SGN said...

im gonna go with... flux capacitor :P

take a picture, put it on your blog then someone (not me) might know what it is

 

Post a Comment

<< Home